11.20.2007

TVB 40th Anniversary Award Ceremony [write-up]...

this is my first time doing anything like this... hopefully you all like it... hehe...
instead of uploading clips on to youtube i just made animated .gif's... hope you all don't mind... and basically these .gif's are of parts i like...
and hopefully my translations are correct... sometimes i have a hard time understanding what moses says... haha...

...

moses & bernice come on stage together... holding hands...



my comment:
i can't believe bernice didn't win "most improved"..!
good thing there was this cute moses & bernice moment and the other one towards the end or else i would still be very sad... haha...

...

right before this part amigo showed everyone clips of what color clothing artists usually wear to the award ceremony... popular colors are black, red, and white...
amigo says all the guys are wearing black...



amigo: for the "best actor" award, a lot of people say moses' chance is really high, so high that you might not be getting one, but a few awards. what do you think about this?
moses: of course getting more is better! ha..! just to put it that way, right? hahaha..!
amigo: usually at this time a lot of artists will become like miss hong kong, thinking they are #1. so do you think your chance is high, should it be you who gets it?
moses: ehhh... don't ask me...

my comment:
hehe... i wanted to share this part because moses expression was so cute when he said, "don't ask me"...

...

moses wins "my favorite male TV character" award!!!



acceptance speech:
many thanks to TVB for its care all this time, given a lot of opportunities. it's difficult to get the opportunity to film such a good series like Heart of Greed that is so well received, including character. i said this series is not a one person series, it's a group series, so when i see them get awards i am also very touched. able to get "favorite character" award really thank you very much. thank you TVB. thank you tsang jie. thank you miss lok. thank you stephen. thank you for helping me kali. thank you everyone. thanks to my mommy. thanks to my fans. thanks to whomever supports me. thanks to the whole world; that way i won't leave anyone out. haha! thank you!!!

after moses' speech do jie walks moses down the steps and back to his seat... she asks him if he thinks he will be able to take the other award home... moses said getting the "favorite character" award is already enough... but of course he will be happy to get the other award... they pass the microphone around to bobby, ha yu, raymond, kevin, and roger... each commenting on how they feel about getting the "best actor" award...

my comment:
why did i cut this particular part??? because some said that moses looked disappointed when he found out he won "favorite character"... i personally don't think moses looked disappointed; he looked shock to me...
before announcing the winner, idy said she wanted to present the award to damian lau, but damian did not make it to top 5... idy then added that she also likes the actor who is going to win... at that moment moses' says to roger, "of course it can't be me..."thus when his name was called he was shocked...
hehe... you know me i have to defend my idol...
...
back to the acceptance speech... i like how he thanked the whole world... that's really creative... haha...
...
and last thing... bobby is so funny... i use to love this guy when i was really young... still do, but not as much as i love moses...

...

Heart of Greed wins "best series" award!!!



my comment:

i just had to share this part because it's such a sweet moment... i think si kei jie was congratulating moses for winning the "favorite character" award and then moses puts his arm around her and gave her a little hug... awww!!!
hopefully they will have some touching mother-son moments in Heart of Greed II...

...

moses wins "best actor" award!!!



acceptance speech:
it's finally in my hands because all this time i think this feeling will be mine one day (bobby: you didn't say that before!!!) of course before i had to say it like that! [audience laughing and clapping] haha..! but it takes a long time to prove this thing, for real. because opportunities are very hard to get. in this business for such a long time then realize that opportunities are very rare. i am from every small opportunities then to bigger and bigger ones to make improvements, to create a different side of me so i am very thankful. thankful to TVB for giving me so many opportunities. especially tsang jie, tsang jie was there to support me when i was at my lowest point, having more confidence in using me than i had in me so i wholeheartedly thank her. and thanks to miss lok and stephen. many thanks to siu ching jie, she is another producer who was one of the first to give me so many opportunities so i wholeheartedly thank her. and every producer i've worked with... ka ho gor, Heart of Greed, really is amazing. including ah chik, now filming a lot of good series. and last, thanks to... wait not last... sorry... thanks to my mommy who brought me into this world. thanks to my fans who always support me and people by my side who always support me. ummm... [he pats the podium a few times] thank... (louis yeun: liu bik yee!!!) [audience screaming, laughing, and clapping] too... thank you..! thank you very much..!

my comment:
i just love that very first and last part of the speech...
first about the first part... i think moses possesses the right amount of arrogance that makes him very manly and sexy... haha... and that booming laugh is just adorable...
and now about the last part... what more can i say??? it's just the sweetest thing ever... and the way he smiled made it even better...

...

last thing... just a tidbit... the first person moses called after he won the two awards is his mommy... what a sweetheart...
...
and i think that's about it...
tell me what you all think about this short write-up??? i can always add to it... hahaha...